URBAN WOOD NETWORK
Membership Agreement 2020
IN ADDITION TO ACCEPTING THE ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND BENEFITS DESCRIBED HEREIN, UWN MEMBERS AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- This Agreement serves as an outline of roles, responsibilities and benefits through December 31,
- The Urban Wood Network (UWN) is a network of independent businesses, organizations, municipalities and advocates who utilize urban wood to its maximum potential. UWN promotes the social, environmental and economic value of urban wood.
- As a network, UWN drives utilization of urban forest resources to create the highest value forest products in an effort to maximize the value of trees removed due to pests, disease or circumstance. UWN builds awareness of the urban wood market by bringing together urban wood efforts, providing leadership and assistance, and by facilitating information sharing. UWN seeks to build a common understanding, language, commitment, and brand for the urban wood marketplace.
- UWN defines urban wood as any wood that was not harvested for its timber value and was diverted from the waste-stream and developed or redeveloped into a product. Urban wood can come from 3 sources: Deconstruction, Fresh cut urban trees, and Urban Salvaged Wood. Any question about qualifying wood sources should be brought to the administrator. Please note: The partner business may also continue to work with traditionally logged timber; however, these products must be kept separate from urban products and do not carry the UWN
- Annual membership is for January 1st through December 31st. Membership fees are determined by the UWN Steering Committee and are due by March 15th. Membership fees will be revisited annually to ensure that they cover ongoing costs while remaining affordable for all members.
- The success of UWN rests on the professionalism and product quality of all of its The work of any member reflects on all of the others in the group. The group reserves the right to remove a member from UWN should an issue of professionalism or product quality arise. The removal of a member must be approved by a unanimous vote of the UWN Steering Committee and will be done only as a last resort if other interventions are not successful.
- Urban Wood Network is an equal opportunity
Key Tenets to the Urban Wood Network Membership
- Urban trees have their highest value while living. When these trees need to be removed, they should be put to their highest and best uses to maximize their economic, environmental, and societal benefits for people in urban areas and beyond.
- Sustainable recovery and the highest and best use of urban forest products are essential components of sustainable urban
- Increased end user demand for urban forest products is essential to increasing demand all along the wood use chain and producing benefits throughout the urban forest sector.
- The Urban Wood Network will effectively achieve its mission through collaboration and information
- The Urban Wood Network is committed to work in partnership with the full diversity of stakeholders that share our vision and
- Facilitation of UWN organization
- Network support
- Membership development
- Financial management
- Coordination with other Urban Forestry entities
- Meeting planning and participation
- Record keeping
- Public relations
- Website management
- Communications and media development
2020 MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES & FEES
MEMBER CONTACT INFORMATION
On behalf of my business or organization, by clicking submit, I agree with the Urban Wood Network key tenets and member responsibilities as outlined in the Urban Wood Network Membership Agreement. After completing the application, all new members must be approved by the Administrator before completing membership. Membership fee must be paid upon approval. For renewing members, the completed 2020 Membership Agreement and payment of the 2020 membership fees constitutes membership.
Questions? Contact the Urban Wood Network at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 875-3720.